The Vargas Museum invites undergraduate and graduate students of Art Studies, Humanities, Fine Arts, or Museum/Heritage Studies to apply for an internship program that will coincide with the summer term from 24 April to 24 May 2012.
The program is designed to give students an overview of museum work, with focus on education. Interns will be exposed to the following:
- Interns will be involved in the planning phases of the Junior Museum Guides Workshop. They will work with the staff in designing new activities and participate in the graphic design and layout of workshop kit and other collaterals
- Interns will be trained as docents/museum guides
- Interns will co-facilitate the Junior Museum Guides Workshop (workshop for students ages 9-14 years old)
- Collections Management
- Interns will assist in handling artworks; learn to accomplish basic reports to monitor the entry and exit of objects and fill out condition report forms
- Interns will work with the staff in preparing for two contemporary art exhibitions
Successful applicants are required to complete 80 hours of museum work. Internships are unpaid. A certificate will be issued upon completion of the program.
Applications (letter of intent and resume) can be submitted via e-mail at email@example.com. Two applicants will be accepted.
For more information about the internship program, please contact the Vargas Museum at 928-19-27, 981-85-00 loc. 4024 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.